‘Tis the season……..to panic (as most of us do) when it comes to your seasonal wardrobe. What do you wear on Christmas Day when cooking that turkey, to the school nativity, or the mums’ drinks that looks effortless and doesn’t resemble tinsel?
After much discussion our prerequisites are:
- Time is precious so plan and try on in advance of your night out.
- It’s still you but with added sparkle.
- Dont panic buy. Even when it’s reduced, unless its thought through and feels great, 9 times out of 10 it won’t work!
- Comfort is a must! Many an evening has been ruined by a torturous shoe and too tight a trouser.
- Layer Up – it might be practical advice, but there’s nothing worse than sitting at someone’s dinner table who’s warm blooded!
With the above in mind, here are some of the things that we’re going to be wearing throughout December.
The Statement Skirt
Just add a t-shirt or a knit to make it work for any occasion.
Penny wears skirt from Anthropologie
The Boiler Suit
There’s no deliberation over which top and bottom – the best stylish time saver ever!
It’s winter! Investing in some faux fur is an easy way to add glamour whilst keeping warm.
The one item in your wardrobe that is a ‘fail-safe’. It’s not fussy, the length is perfect and it falls just right, hiding and hugging all the right places.
Layering up in a luxurious fashion.
Penny wears dress from Lilou and velvet jacket form Warehouse
Finish off with some gorgeous lippy (his one’s from Trinny London) with sparkles and a squirt of your favourite perfume, and you’re good to go.
After all ’tis the season to be jolly and anything goes……..as long as it’s got an elasticated waist!